June 26, 2017

My Latest Trip to France

I’ve been absent from the blog for a few weeks but for a good reason – a visit to the sunny (and very, very hot) south of France, specifically Provence and the French Riviera. It’s taken a while to recover from my travels and the change in time zones so I haven’t sorted through all my photos yet but I couldn’t wait to share a few favourites with you.


Villefranche-sur-Mer on the French Riviera


Our tour began in the city of Nice on the French Riviera, also known as the Côte d’Azur.


City of Nice on the French Riviera


A day trip took us inland to the scenic hill town of Saint-Paul de Vence.


Saint-Paul de Vence


I climbed to the highest point of another hill town, Eze Village, for stunning views from the Jardin Exotique, Exotic Garden.


Exotic Garden, Eze Village


Antibes is home to the Musée Picasso, Picasso Museum, where a sculpture garden overlooks the Mediterranean Sea.


Picasso Museum, Antibes


A free day in Nice offered the perfect opportunity to relax by the azure waters on the city's pebble beach.


The Pebble Beach in Nice


We stopped for lunch beneath the plane trees on Cours Mirabeau in Aix-en-Provence enroute to Avignon.


Cours Mirabeau, Aix-en-Provence


Saint Bénezet Bridge, the Pont d’Avignon of song, once crossed the River Rhone at Avignon.


Saint Bénezet Bridge, the Pont d’Avignon


Market day crowds filled the tiny squares and narrow cobbled lanes in the old town of Saint-Rémy de Provence.


Market Day in Saint-Rémy de Provence


Carrières de Lumières, an immersive art experience in an old stone quarry, offered a welcome reprieve from unseasonably high temperatures.


Carrières de Lumières


A highlight of the trip was our journey into the Luberon where fragrant fields of lavender bloomed.


Luberon Lavender Field


This is just a sampling of the spectacular scenery I saw in France. I hope you’ll come along with me as I relive my journey from Nice to Avignon, and many stops in between.


Next: Vieux Nice, the Old Town

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Looks like one to from your photos.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.