June 06, 2016

Travel Theme: Plants

I just couldn't resist this week's travel theme. I love plants but I challenged myself to exclude all the flowers (my favourites) and look for more unusual specimens among my photos, like this eccentric Agave Americana near the beach on Cap Ferrat.



Agave Americana on Cap Ferrat


This moss-covered fountain is not the only one you'll find while strolling along the Cours Mirabeau in Aix-en-Provence.


Mossy Fountain in Aix--en-Provence



A prickly cactus can also be a thing of beauty, especially amongst the breathtaking scenery on the island of Capri.



Cactus on the Island of Capri



And here is the humble beginning of a future glass of wine: the Tuscan grape.



Grapes in Tuscany


Could the pesto get any fresher when the basil is growing only a few feet away from the shop?


Pesto Stand in Porto Venere


Visit Wheresmybackpack? for more plant photos and next week's travel photo theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.