May 02, 2015

Travel Theme: Youngsters

I haven't done a travel theme for a while and this one allows me to share photos of sights and activities that appeal to youngsters. No matter what your age, when you're in a strange city it's always nice to see a familiar face like Tweety or a cuddly teddy bear.


Sorrento, Italy



Uzes, France


Travel gives youngsters the opportunity to discover new worlds - or experience ones they've already heard about like pirates, gargoyles and puppets.


Pirate Ship, Venice


Notre Dame, Paris


Guignol Puppets, Lyon


Travelling by different forms of transportation can also be fun.


Tourist Train, Monaco


Kayaking at the Pont du Gard


Horse and Carriage, Rome


And what youngster doesn't enjoy an amusement ride?


Carousel, Nice


Ferris Wheel, Avignon


London Eye


Sometimes you come across grownups doing strange things like floating in mid-air or dressing up in gladiator costumes.


Street Performer, Naples


Gladiators at the Coloseum, Rome


Youngsters are often happy to find their favourite foods and beverages when far from home. Some old standbys like a McDonalds Happy Meal aren't hard to find; others may come with a local twist, like the French Coca-Cola bottle signed by designer Karl Lagerfeld.


Italian Happy Meal


French Coca-Cola


And when kids need to burn off a little energy a good playground is just what they need, like this one on the rooftop of the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco.


Children's Playground, Oceanographic Museum of Monaco


It can get pretty hot on the rooftop but youngsters can cool off indoors while visiting the sharks and jellyfish at the aquarium.


Aquarium Jellyfish


And lastly I spotted two youngsters out for a swim with their parents on the river in Lyon.


Family of Swans, Lyon


What family-friendly activities have you enjoyed while travelling in Europe?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I always ride the merry-go-round at amusement parks. I can't wait until my grandson is old enough to enjoy a trip to Cedar Point. Just hope I am still up to it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I used to love the double ferris wheel and Tilt-a-Whirl. The last time I was on a merry-go-round I had to keep my eyes focused on the horizon to keep from getting dizzy!

      Delete

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.