May 27, 2012

River Cruising

In a few more weeks I'm off to France.



Musée d'Orsay, Paris


This will be my third visit, and this time I'll venture into new territory. I've always wanted to see the lavender fields of Provence, so that's why I chose to travel in the heat of July. The last time I was in France (in May) it was chilly and rainy. I also plan to spend more time on the French Riviera. I like to experiment with different modes of transportation – my last trip to Europe included a train tour and this year I'm taking my first river cruise.


Hotel de Paris, Monte Carlo

For me, half the fun of travel is the planning and anticipation so I've been busy adding items to my must-see list. Pinterest, a recent entry to the social media arena, is a great way to keep track of them all. Members create digital bulletin boards, to which they "pin" their favorite photos, either uploading their own photos, or pinning those they find on the internet. Be careful though - Pinterest can become addictive!


The Hilltop Village of Eze

I've set up boards for Paris, Provence and the French Riviera, and when I return from France I'll add some of my favorite travel photos. Now back to my packing list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.